Jardin, Étienne – The voice of commerce
From the CD-Book Maître Péronilla de Jacques Offenbach (collection Opéra français, Palazzetto Bru Zane, 2019).
Offenbach’s relationship with the world of business was not limited to observation: as director of the Théâtre des Bouffes-Parisiens and later of the Théâtre de la Gaîté, he played a full part in the entertainment industry of his time and found ever more astute publicity methods to promote his theatres. Armed with this insider’s knowledge of the tricks of the publicity trade, how did he portray the business people of his time?
- OFFENBACH, Jacques (1819-1880)
- Boule-de-Neige (Nuitter & Tréfeu / Offenbach)
- Contes d'Hoffmann, Les (Barbier / Offenbach)
- Lischen et Fritzchen (Boisselot / Offenbach)
- Maître Péronilla (Jacques Offenbach)
- Mesdames de la Halle (Lapointe / Offenbach)
- Voyage dans la lune, Le (Vanloo & Leterrier & Mortier / Offenbach)